Saturday, April 12, 2008

Almost two weeks!

It's hard to believe that Sunday will be two weeks since little Coraline joined us. The time has flown by, although in that strange way that memory works it's also hard to remember what it was like before she came along and snagged our hearts in her tiny, perfect little hands.

Everyone is doing well. She's had her first doctor's appointment and is gaining weight right on track. Learning to feed has been a bit of a challenge for both Amber and Coraline, but they're great partners and are making it work.

In other fantastic news, I believe we won the baby lottery--Coraline will gladly sleep 4-6 hours at a stretch if she gets fed well and settled (i.e. no diaper/clothes changes after the feeding). I wasn't expecting to get this type of sleep for months, and it makes all the additional things that come with having a baby much easier to handle.

I went back part-time to work this week while my mom was gracious enough to help us out, but I'll be taking the next full week off here. I'm so looking forward to having the time to just spend with my wife and daughter, hanging around the house, our own newly-expanded family.

Anyway, more pictures will be on the way when I get a chance to post them, but life is good since Coraline's arrived!

No comments: